Monday, April 19, 2010

15 years ago...

I remember 15 years ago I was laying in bed sick with a bad cold, I remember my dad coming in and giving me fresh clean sheets and blankets that smelt like April fresh. I remember the hush whispers in the living room that I could not make out. I remember falling asleep wandering what my dad was doing home from work. I remember waking up to my dad and his friend Pritchet talking in the living room and I got out of bed to see if his daughter was with him but everyone sent me back to bed. I remember my brother and cousin coming home from school, and hearing the news in my moms room talking about some bomb but I still had no idea what was going on, so I went into my moms room to see what it was and then I saw a building that was falling apart and all the people crying and screaming, still not sure what was happening I asked my mom and she told that a man blew up the building where my father worked.

OKC Bombing Memorial Pictures, Images and Photos


My father was suppose to be there that day but for some reason he stayed home, and I thank God for that because the man that was sitting in my father seat died that day along with many others...
For the rest of my life I will always remember where I was on April 19,1995...

No comments:

Post a Comment