Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A child...

My heart is very heavy for one of my sweet little loves. This little guy was the first child to trust me when I came along in my bestie life. I remember when he would run up to me with his hands up and he would say " one more time", I would pick him up and hold him close and spin with him. His laugh would fill my ears. As I have watched him grow, he is still a care free, funny, sweet little boy who looks at the world in a different way. He has a temper, but quick to calm. He loves to sing, and to praise God. He will tell you that you are beautiful and your hair looks pretty. He is a child of God.
 I am so angry with his teacher to willing to break his spirit because he is not like all children, to not look in his eyes and see he is still young and free spirited. Talk to him, see how he is, learn about him. Don't just throw him to the side because he isnt what you want him to be. You became a teacher to build children up, not break them down as you did  him.
 We wonder why our children are growing up so fast, it is because they are forced to be a certain way. They have to be still,quite and clean. They are meant to be silly,loud and dirty. They have to be  perfect and to fit in this box that the world approves of. As a teacher you of all people should know a child's mind. No child is the same no matter how much you try to cut them down to fit in the box.
 God made children a certain way, because when you watch them get lost in their own world, or listen to them tell you their dreams, to hear them laugh with out a care in the world. We get to see what God intended for us to have. Ask a child what heaven looks like to them and it is amazing what they see compared to what we think it will be like. A child's love is one of the most amazing thing because they just give it freely, they forgive and trust with out question. They want to make us proud, they want our love, they want hugs and kisses. Why change that? Why make a child feel bad for telling you how they see the world, who says they are wrong. Maybe you should go to the child's level instead of making them grow up to yours.
 As a parent, I forget these things my self, till I get in the car with Elijah, and we sing Hit the road Jack, or when he tells me he loves me from the moon and back. When he sings and dances around the house, and when he tells me I need to feel it with my heart, I remember he is my child and I want him to stay small for the longest time, I want him to dream, laugh and sing before this cruel world wipes it all away and even when he is grown, I pray he still has the soul of a child. 
 I pray for that teacher, she needs to remember why she became a teacher in the first place, I pray for my little love, that he wont let this one person put doubt in his heart. I pray that we as parents remember what being a child was like...
Because after all, we never wanted to touch the floor because it turned into Lava....


No comments:

Post a Comment